Sunday, September 15, 2013

((( GUITAR STRETCHING EXERCISES* )))



Personally, I am rather angry that I was never told about the importance of stretching exercises in order to warm up the muscles before playing guitar. You would think at least the military school of music would have taught and emphasized them, but noooooooo!!!

Now I'm living with arm injuries that will most probably cause me pain for the rest of my life

There are other videos with different hand and arm stretching exercises. They feel great! Much needed indeed!!!

Also, when I was finally convinced that doing stomach exercises would not flatten my stomach I gave up on them and did special breathing exercises instead where I tighten my stomach muscles as though I am doing sit-ups. Great for the stomach, not great enough for my lower back. This led to painful lower back injuries. Lesson:


JUST BECAUSE SIT-UPS 

WON'T FLATTEN YOUR STOMACH 

DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN

STOMACH WORKOUTS 

HAVE NO VALUE!!!!!


Very important lesson as well

So, I strongly suggest you learn from my mistakes and really get into stretching least you end up with nagging pain as you grow older. I suggest you develop special exercises for your special injuries and make those areas stronger than the rest of your body.

I was at the gym and used the leg raises bench. I hadn't used it in a while. Boy, does my lower back ever feel a lot better!

A black guy used the front bars on the leg raises bench to slowly go up into a handstand push-up. Blew my mind! I said that one of these days I want to be able to do that. He said, "YOU WILL!" I responded saying I've been wanting to do that for years and he confidently replied, "YOU WILL!!"

Ya know, I'm tempted to believe him

*NOTE: email sent to a friend